align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

LA Machine Learning Message Board › Gale-Shapley Matching Algorithm?

Gale-Shapley Matching Algorithm?

Vince
user 34260152
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 2
In light of the latest Nobel Prize winners for economics, it got me thinking. Has anyone even used game theory for their machine learning challenges? Finding stable solutions, nash equilibria that sort?

I sat in one of several Shapley's lectures a long time ago when I was a grad student at UCLA. I graduated with game theory as a specialization. But fast forwarding to today, I find it hard to comprehend that unless you tell pple about the movie "A Beautiful Mind", most pple in this field have very little knowledge what GT is about. Or have I been hanging out with the wrong folks? tongue
A former member
Post #: 8
In light of the latest Nobel Prize winners for economics, it got me thinking. Has anyone even used game theory for their machine learning challenges? Finding stable solutions, nash equilibria that sort?

I'm actually waiting for the day when we all learn the lessons of "Probability Theory: The Logic of Science," and realize that there are no such distinct disciplines as Logic, Probability, Statistics, Decision Theory, and Game Theory. It's all just different manifestations of logic. Unfortunately, really good implementations of programming with logic are few and far between!
Vince
user 34260152
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 3
Thanks for the input Paul.