Greeting friends how are you all? I am doing a first ghost hunting using the power of this group. I run the Los Angeles Paranormal Society as the founder and leader. Doing this gives me a chance to meet new members or just new friends. The point is to have a good time feel the adrenaline exploring haunted places at night. If we run into any trapped spirits that want to cross over but can't, we will provide them with help to be at peace. I welcome all faiths from Catholic/Christian to Wiccan to all types of Pagan but remember you will be around a catholic/Wiccan. Locations will be revealed at Denny's. Actual end time can not be predicted it might be shorter or a little longer but not past dawn.
You must listen to and follow all rules for your safety as well as other especially to not bring home a pissed off spirit.
1, Must be dressed in all 100% black and nothing shiny! Black boots are preferred but at least black shoes comfortable for walking, running, and hiking. We must move in stealth like ninjas and enter with speed and leave with speed as not to draw attention to ourselves. As we enter any site we shall be quiet til we are where we are suppose to be at. And even then we will be respectful to others to not be loud as some may be using video/voice recorders and would ruin their footage or recordings.
2. No one shall be under the influence of ANY DRUGS that make you a pain in the butt that includes weed, no smoking of any kind and no drinking alcohol 12-24 hours before ghost hunting. A weaken mind and body can bring home a new friend that can cause you trouble at home.
3. Leave all negative thoughts in the trash can as you need a open positive humorous curious, adventurous mind to enjoy the night. a open positive mind can capture more than a closed negative one. Negative minds only fuel negative results.
4. Bring a good flashlight, a fully charged cell phone which during the hunt should only be in vibrate, a descent camera with flash NOT a cell phone camera with LED. The shutter speeds of a cell phone are too slow to capture anything. A basic digital Kodak 2 Megapixel camera with a 2GB chip free, and 3 sets of batteries for your camera are a must. Any cameras with better higher Megapixels are more better but remember require more storage memory. Bring anything else that you want to bring to use. You may use as an example a voice recorder even a cell with a voice recorder app works. I prefer a actual voice recorder as the microphones are stronger and more sensitive to sounds. You may bring anything else you like but remember you will be carrying it.
5. If we run into spirits that are violent or unruly please stay back to see if I can talk to them to calm them down or we leave the area. If I say we leave we must leave. I welcome any other spirit sensitives or psychics like me to come along.
6. At all times you must respect the people with you and always respect the dead their tombs their graves as its like their homes. Also respect all nature and its surroundings like if we go by other buildings or places that are regularly in use don't make a scene.
7. There will be times where can't always get permits to enter places legally as the some places are totally abandoned or in public view. If you have a problem thinking your trespassing then this group may not be for you. We are ghost enthusiasts not a ghost hunters tv show where permits are found by current owners and the spirits we find won't be shown on tv as sometimes they are more realistic rather than staged for effect.
8. At the end of every site you will undergo a cleansing as to not bring anything with you home for your safety and those around your home that are innocent.
At the beginning of the meeting we will eat as a group so while we are out ghost hunting we are not focusing on our growling stomachs but at the event at hand. As we feast we will discuss strategic plans and backups as well as what we expect to find as well as local legends. And most importantly do small introductions of who your are and why your here. Yes you can be a dork and say who you gonna call? Ghost busters. Humor is highly welcomed and seriousness is harder to deal with. I don't need a full Vulcan at all times (Star Trek reference). Our mission is to explore and record findings by image, motion and/or audio, temperature and EMP if we find any friendly beings we shall be just as friendly back. Any being wanting to be freed to rest in peace as a group we will free them I shall lead by example. This group will explore everything from caves, to buildings, to Cemetery's, to parks anything you can think of especially chasing local legends to prove or not prove they are there. Please keep in mind not all spirits know English unlike ghost hunters International fails to remember. I will collect a small fee of $5 bucks covers materials used on you for spells and protection if you can afford it great, I won't force it upon you if you can't but wanna go and are on a tight budget. Just because you don't have 5 bucks doesn't mean I won't protect you either it just helps to cover my expenses on people. At the end of the night I will cleanse you again before we leave the last location including your vehicles and if you wanna go to see imagine findings we can share the pictures while eating breakfast or a snack away from the site.
Feel free to email/reply me for anything if you got questions.