Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › Pagan's Night Out

Pagan's Night Out

A former member
Post #: 37
OK, are we set for the HMS Bounty? Can I post it? Also, Bar Sinister sounds cool - though my eyeliner is probably 20 years old and it might be time to replace it. Thank Goddess I've still got the legs to pull off fishnets. Shelby, can I borrow the aquamarine wig? Or are bright colors a dealbreaker?

Mariner
A former member
Post #: 5
Umm.... You in fishnets and a aquamarine wig... thats a sight to see...

But FYI.... there is an entry surcharge for non goth attire. It keeps the pesky tourists away.

Z
Ren
user 2369215
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 21
OK, are we set for the HMS Bounty? Can I post it? Also, Bar Sinister sounds cool - though my eyeliner is probably 20 years old and it might be time to replace it. Thank Goddess I've still got the legs to pull off fishnets. Shelby, can I borrow the aquamarine wig? Or are bright colors a dealbreaker?

Mariner

No, no, no... in order to be goth you have to think backwards and be unhappy with your body. Great legs? Wear large baggy pants. Pale arms? Accent with fishnets. Bad acne? Pancake white makeup will enhance that.

Or at least that's how the teenagers did it in Texas. So maybe the unhappy part was more about puberty than goth.

PS Eyeliner only expires when you've let more than 50 people borrow it.
A former member
Post #: 41
Ren, if I haven't let fifty people borrow my eyeliner, but in the course of two decades it's become petrified - isn't that a good time to replace it? I have so much to learn. I never went through a Goth phase, I was a Mod instead. We always wore the same thing out to clubs and so there was never any guesswork involved. Life was simpler then...

OK - I'm booking the HMS Bounty for Saturday the 17th. Do we need reservations? And what time works best?

Shelby or Zeke - what time for Bar Sinister on the 10th?

Mariner
A former member
Post #: 7
Ok all... da plans for saterday (hrm... how not conformist... Saturn and all that)...

Whelp it seems like everyone wants to start early... so... we meet at the club at 10 pm.

If anyone is interested, they can show up at my place at 9ish and we can get some economy :) drinking on and walk to the club (less than a mile). I am more than willing to offer crash space for those needing it (As the billboards say, Buzzed driving is drunk driving).

Z
A former member
Post #: 60
I'm gonna pass on Saturday as it turns out Tim will be away most of the weekend with his son. I'm gonna use the time to get a lot of toning done (they got me started at last!) and get rested. Besides, we have a meetup on Sunday and I don't wanna be super tired AGAIN for study group.

Take photos for me!
RavenC
RC13
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 47
Hey Jessica, I think you got the dates for the PNO and WWHSG (Study Group) mixed up: the PNO is the 17th, and the Study Group is on the 11th this month. Sure you don't want to join in?
A former member
Post #: 61
No No, Tim and I may come to the PNO. I was talking about the group going to Bar Sinister TODAY. (Which is what the last few posts have been talking about).

I may or may not go to the pagan night out, I need to cut way back on social stuff as my work load just went way up with the Dark Crystal stuff, plus I've been overdoing it a lot (I'm solitary, first and foremost and I actually like spending most of my free time alone... which I haven't had a chance to do much at all!).
RavenC
RC13
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 49
Oh, okay, the Bar Sinister. Speaking of which, due to an unfortunate event I had to pass on it tonight too; but I hope to definitely go next time (and time after that, etc.).

I'll do the PNO (I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to it) but I am not 100% certain on the Witches' Ball, although it sounds great. Frankly, I'm very much a solitaire also who loves her alone time..to be honest I am astonished at how filled with social events my calendar for February (also, January somewhat) has been! I have never had it so filled. Not that it's a bad thing, it's GREAT, but I think I might be overdoing it a lilttle, and may have to tone back a tad. Especially since it won't be long 'til I start school in March, then I'll be mightily busy.. I've been so busy lately that I have been putting aside personal projects that are sitting, piling up.

But, admittedly, I have been having a blast with everyone. So on another note maybe I should keep up this activity since it's going to be reduced dramatically come March.