addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › Witchcraft n Stuff

Witchcraft n Stuff

Jesse
user 3804586
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Ok I couldnt find anything about spells and abilities in the first two pages of topics, so I started up one.
What are your special powers? Any spells you have tried that you know to work?
I'll go first.
Ok my name's Jesse, I'm a beginning witch who has always had natural powers.
My easiest ability is healing powers, which is what I've mostly been practicing.
I think my element is fire.
I'm open to any information other witches and pagans can share.
I wanna become a high level witch.
Anyone else?
A former member
Post #: 64
Please keep in mind that not all traditions have "levels" of witches. For me personally, I think all people (all beings really!) are equal, but different. We can learn from each other because of our differences, but no one person or being is better than another (because we are unique!). Thus I don't worship anything, rather I respect all and try to learn from it and have a good relationship with it. Of course this is just my personal path and what works for me, but if you are only familiar with paths with "levels" you might want to do some more research so you understand your other options.

Anyway, success with a given technique or spell has to do with how good we are at channeling our intent/will, if it's in line with our True Will, and if we properly checked it out ahead of time (for me I check with my spirit guides to make sure I'm not doing something that will cause me or others harm).

In other words... spells will work (or not) based upon the intent and will of the caster, not the recipe of the spell. Spells, rituals and tools/props are all good and fine (I've certainly used them) but they are not magic in themselves - they are simply tools to aid us with our energy/Will. It's the caster and their ability to channel their will (and visualize etc) that creates magical change. Thus you can cast spells using nothing other than your mind/body (if you train yourself to do it) and they work just as well. It's all about what personally works for you, so it's a good idea to check out and try a lot of methods.

IMHO it's best to create your own spells, even if you read others for a basis. And it's a good idea to understand the energy that certain tools and ingredients represent... because using them blindly probably won't do much.

As far as my "abilities" go... I don't feel it's my place to judge or label them. I think that limits them, as well as possibly limiting others around me by saying they don't have them. I have had many magical experiences, and I'm willing to talk about them once I know someone pretty well.

My personal path is many things, but mostly I'm a wild witch. I practice a lot of green/nature magic, bonding with trees, and trance journey. My current focus is on the Greening and the Otherworld. My birth element is Earth and my Soul element is Water (personally I tend to think of my elements as "Wood and Water").

A lot of witchcraft is about personal growth and knowing yourself. It's a personal journey that applies just to you, so information and spell recipes won't get you there. Meditation, trance journey, and so forth will be a better guide to you. I can suggest some books on using these techniques (as well as the other things I mentioned, like magic techniques without any tools etc), if you are interested.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again!
A former member
Post #: 51
Thank you Jessica, I think you explained it very well. I see the path more as a way of live and for personal growth. If I practice magic, it gives me peace.
I agree that it is best to make your own spells, but I am little reluctant to discus them here. As I find it difficult to find the right words. I am originally from Holland and sometimes the right words don't come to mind.
Magic is for me very based on instinct. But it is important to use it responsibly. Meditation is a strong tool for me.
Earth is the element that comes the most easy for me, but to find a balance with the elements is I think necessary.

Hope we get a change to discus this all in person

Blessed be
Marieke