align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
A former member
Post #: 67
i knew better then to get this movie, but i got it anyway. unless you want to be pissed off at hollywood for another reason people hate us don;t watch it.
Bacon
mcsloshed
West Hollywood, CA
Post #: 108
The Wicker Man is a classic pagan movie, which is treasured by far more Pagans and Wiccans specifically than it's hated by. The songs in it are absolutely wonderful and full of old british folklore. The plot and the symbology behind most of the movie is also rather inspired (perhaps by the golden bough) and very pagan. While I don't love the idea of burning a christian as a pagan sacrifice, the rest of the movie is great.

Unless you mean the recent remake. That I haven't seen.
A former member
Post #: 68
The one with Nick Cage in it.

The idea of being free to live ones religion is good, but they have the witches do way to much killing.
And burning Nick and farm animals. Although not having nick around is not bad, I don?t think he is a good actor and he is even worse in this movie.

And on an artistic side the movie was lacking, I think they cut some scenes that should not have been cut if they were made.

But the music was good.

If there is an older movie I?ll have to see it, and compare the to.
Shelby
Hellbalicious
San Diego, CA
Post #: 36
Here is the IMDB link:

http://www.imdb.com/t...­

I love the scene where a beautiful blond, Britt Ekland, is dancing seductively and singing. The prudish cop gets all hot and bothered and freaks out!

This movie is a must see.

Enjoy.
A former member
Post #: 8
The new remake is awful...don't do it. Stick with the old classic.