Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › New Home Spell..

New Home Spell..

Zoysia M.
user 4299925
London, GB
Post #: 6
Hey everyone hope all is well in life for the last few weeks. I have been gone in Southern OR and Northern California visiting family for some time. I just got back last night from a 14 hour drive spanning a few days! Wow that was crazy anyway enough of that...I need some help. James and I have been struggling with a choice to move or not. We both love our home and really want to stay although our landlord contuines to never fix anything and despite my efforts to cleanse our house the neighbors and us just dont seem to like each other. So the choice has been made. We are moving. I have spent some of my time on our trip hoping to find a good spell to promote finding a new place. I have been successful in finding many spells about houses, as in blocking harmful people from entering or charging your house to attract good friends, along with a bunch of stuff that I dont really need. I only found one house spell to create the chance to find a new place you love...It basically consists of making a book of pictures of homes you like. Okay so I need some help! If anyone has used a spell for finding a great place that worked or knows someone that used one that works...help a sista out ! haha thank you so much for listening and maybe this will be good for others in our group!
Blessings
Jasmine biggrin
A former member
Post #: 73
Sorry i don't know of any. but you could always make your own.

i wish you the best of luck, hope you find something

bright blessings,

Leigh Anne
Zoysia M.
user 4299925
London, GB
Post #: 7
Ya i was hopping to but i cant find anything on colors that focus on homes or candles to use. I guess in the long run my best spells are my own but this is a subject that i don't feel anyone has touched on. Oh well as long as i put out the feels i want about the place i hope that should be enough. thanks
A former member
Post #: 74
i don;t know if it would work, but do it like you would do bring true love to me, but do bring my dream house, do the spell the same just change the words.

maybe?
A former member
Post #: 71
Hey Jasmine,

I agree that just concentrating on what you want in your new home should help draw those things to you.

Also, if it helps, Vesta (Roman goddess) and Hestia (Greek goddess) are deities that deal with home and hearth. Maybe finding out more about them and incorporating them (if it feels right to you) in your rituals could be helpful.
Bacon
mcsloshed
West Hollywood, CA
Post #: 115
I have to concur with Meg's advice about working with Vesta or Hestia. Any Goddess or God associated with the hearth is good for the home. The Roman penates and lares would also be helpful in that regard. If you are looking for a new place, I would suggest starting your working on the new moon, which is sunday night, Aug 12. Sunday is a good day for workings dealing with the home, as is monday since that's moon energy and cancer/moon energy is good for home as well.

If you like tarot, you could incorporate its symbology into your working to help give your mind that added focus. 10s are good for home related things, specifically the 10 of cups (family and happiness) the 10 of Wands (moving to a new place, lifting of a burden) and the 10 of Pentacles (supportive structure and people, also good for money). the 6 of swords is also good for leaving bad situations behind and facilitating a good move to a better place, though it's not house oriented.

St. Joseph is the Saint you deal with when buying/selling a home, and also moving. My mom buried a statue of him upside down in our old backyard when she wanted to sell our house and it worked. Apparently he gets pissed off and drives you out, though it seems a bit sketchy to me. When we dug him back up he was right side up.

I would also make your circle very focused on earth/north, since that energy rules the home and your place of power. Other than that, just get out there and keep on looking!

Good luck,
Seamus
A former member
Post #: 83
I have to concur with Meg's advice about working with Vesta or Hestia. Any Goddess or God associated with the hearth is good for the home. The Roman penates and lares would also be helpful in that regard.

Wouldn't one have to find the new home before enlisting the aid of it's household spirits? wink

Bast works well too, if you like working with Egyptian deities. Just don't let her near your kids if you have any (She's not good with them).

For candle colors, go with green, gold and brown; and use Fast Luck or Special Favors oil if you can get it. Special Favors if you're going to do it now in the new/waxing moon cycle, or Fast Luck if you want to wait until closer to Full.

Mariner
Bacon
mcsloshed
West Hollywood, CA
Post #: 117

Wouldn't one have to find the new home before enlisting the aid of it's household spirits? wink

my bad, I was thinking of the penates than the lares. The penates accompanied thefamily when they moved, and were more protectors of the family and master of the family than the actual location. The Lares, or Lar Familiaris were protectors of the entire household, including slaves, and didn't accompany the family when it moved.

Either way, propitiating the Genius Locii is usually not a bad idea once you get there.
A former member
Post #: 84
You're not old enough to remember how it was in Roma Antiqua, unlike me...

Lares were the protective spirits of the "household", i.e. the extended family, and moved with them; the Penates were the protective spirits of the "house", i.e. the domicile, and stayed behind in their actual dwelling.