A former member
Post #: 72
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all --> I got a new job - a zookeeping internship at a major zoo!! This is HUGE, as it's something I've been working towards for many years, and it's the type of position I've been applying to for over a year now. So, needless to say, I'm suuuuper freaking excited!!! It starts in September and lasts for one year. After that, I'll be applying for zookeeper positions across the country, and seeing where I land. :)

The not-so-happy part of this news is that I'm leaving Los Angeles, and won't be able to attend meetup events anymore. I'll really miss you guys! Thanks for being such a cool group of people. I've had a lot of fun at our events!

Best wishes to everyone,
Meg
A former member
Post #: 79
Meg, that is so totally cool, congratulations! We'll miss you, but we hope you'll stay subbed so we can still keep in touch. Where is the internship going to be taking you?

Mariner
A former member
Post #: 73
Thanks, Mariner! And yeah, that sounds great - I'll remain subbed so I can still talk to you guys here. :)

I'll be at the San Francisco Zoo! So not too terribly far.
Joy
user 2650968
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 26

• Replace this text with the first item of your list
  • Replace this text with the next item
  • You can add more items by adding lines that start with a

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!!!! Yay for Meg! Good luck! i'm sure you'll have LOTS of fun! thats going to be so awesome for you!

But with that being said DOOOOONNNTTT GOOOOOO!!!! lol We'll all miss you!!!!!
Ren
user 2369215
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 36
Well, you already know I'm going to meeeeeese you like crazy. :)

Road trip San Fran here we come!
A former member
Post #: 74
Thanks Joy and Ren!!!! I'll miss you guys SO much!

So yeah, road trip to come see me? that would rock!!
A former member
Post #: 156
You already know I'll find a way to visit you... and that I'll miss you. You still down for a joint going away party for you/bday party for me? Maybe at Buffet City?

You'll be back in LA for visits once in awhile right?
RavenC
RC13
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 89
Meg, I'm so happy for you!! I know you've been wanting this type of job for, like, ever! Of course I'll miss you, but I'm definitely more happy for you. I'm totally visiting you in San Fran. Dude, yes, a freaking road trip!!! Maybe as a future event....? wink Carpool at least is in order.
A former member
Post #: 75
Thanks so much, Heather!!
Shelby
Hellbalicious
San Diego, CA
Post #: 39
Meg,
HUGE congrats.

You rule and San Francisco rules. It sounds like a perfect combo.

Get some fleece jackets and a hat....while the zoo in SF is quite lovely, the foggy chill will be there 354 days of the year!

Hopefully see you at the meetup to give you a shout out in person.

~Shelby