addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › Moving (for real this time)

Moving (for real this time)

A former member
Post #: 160
So I know you're all going to kill me, but it seems I'm moving out of state after all. I fully intended to stay in LA for some time, but things happened that I had no say in. I don't want to go into details, but the short version is that Tim and I had bad timing or something... because I wanted to settle down and stay with him but he wanted to move out and have space. So I'm going to either find a place of my own in AZ or stay with my parents for awhile... I'm kind of messed up by the whole thing and just want to be with people who love me. My parents think it's a good idea for me to just keep moving forward so I'm looking into going back to school again.

Sorry to spring this on you guys. It's as much of a surprise to me as it is to any of you. :( Hopefully I'll see you all again during visits etc. or you can visit me once I have my own place. I'll be back in LA sometime later this month or in Sept. to get all my stuff packed up *wimper*. Maybe we can fit in a dinner at NikoNiko or something (i have borrowed stuff from some of you and vice versa so I want to try to return it... otherwise I guess we can ship stuff).

Flagstaff doesn't have a Pagan meetup, but there's about 60 people in the area who seem to want one... so who knows, maybe I'll start one.

Love you guys! *hugs*
A former member
Post #: 93
I love you too, Jessica! Whew! Well, it seems (again) that you've fallen upon the right decision. Whichever serves you better, and enables your further growth. I'm available next week from Weds 29 Aug to Sun the 2nd of September, as I'll be here on my school's Fall Break and not totally bogged down with school all day, so if you're perchance available then I would absolutely LOVE to get together (I owe you a DVD, wanna give it back of course)--maybe tea or something? Or a Nikko-Nikko get-together? Otherwise, don't forget about me! I DEFINITELY want to visit you in Arizona! And of course you're welcome any time at my humble (temporary) pad here in Hollywood.

Good luck with your future endeavors. Of course we'll miss you! (Here we go again!) cryingtongue
Joy
user 2650968
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 27
Aw, don't go!!! You should still stay here! See Flagstaff doesn't have a meetup so you should stay here so you can stay with our meet up! :P Why is everyone moving? First Meg, now You! We (the meetup) should tie you guys up and lock you in...seamus's shower so you guys can't leave! lol. Aw, well seriously, we we all miss you! You better come back to visit!
A former member
Post #: 161
Uh actually... it wasn't a decision I made. I HAVE to move because my now ex-boyfriend doesn't want to live with me anymore. Not that i blame him. I'm an artist... i.e. not easy to live with. And I can't really afford a nice place or school in LA... plus the whole thing has really messed me up... so I want to be near my family while I try to figure out what to do with my life now that the person I love DOESN'T want to have a life with me :(. (For those of you who know him please stay friends with him... it wasn't really his fault just... I guess I wasn't right for him anymore :( :(). So I'm too broken hearted for LA. haha. I already signed a lease so... not moving is out.

Anyway, I dunno if I'll be in LA that long Heather... I think I'm probably moving earlier as classes START here next week and I may want to take some. I'll see about picking up those DVDs from you when I'm back there packing this weekend or next week... kay? I kinda want to be moved before my birthday... cuz whenever I come back to pack it'll suck so i might as well get it the hell over with!

And my new place DOES have room for guests to crash. It's not huge, but it is 2x2... and very pretty. I just wish I could feel better about the whole thing... but as I said it wasn't really a decision I has much say in. :( Anyway, people will be able to visit... and I'm sure I'll visit some of you in LA too when I feel better. *sigh*
A former member
Post #: 88
*Sigh* is right. Affairs of the heart can really take the wind out of your sails when they go wrong. I'm so sorry to hear you're leaving us, Jessica. But it sounds like there's 60 people in Flagstaff that would love to have *someone* start a Pagan meetup there, so maybe that's going to be a part of the next chapter for you. You'll be missed. I hope you'll stay subbed here and will keep in touch.

Mariner
A former member
Post #: 68
Well, you already know I'm going to miss you, and I'm totally up for getting together for Niko Niko when you are in town. I'm off the 26th-30th if you're going to be around and need help with packing/moving. Let me know. And I would love to visit you in AZ, from the areas that I've seen, it's beautiful!

I agree with Mariner, I hope you can stay around the meetup group online and keep us all updated, but I think all those Flagstaff pagans need to meet one wonderful wild witch!

Love you!
A former member
Post #: 162
Thanks guys. The up side of things is I got a really nice apartment. For only a little more than my HALF of the rent in LA I was able to get a 2bd 2bath condo. Actually, they don't normally rent them (they sell them), but someone got one for her daughter and she didn't end up living there... so now it's being rented. The rooms aren't huge, but everything is brand new and top of the line (I mean like... Giant whirlpool 'fridge and granite counter tops... two full bathrooms). Nothing has never been used there (in fact they are hanging the blinds this week!). Also, Flagstaff from LA is a bit shorter than Sedona from LA... cuz you can take 40 vs. going through Phenoix. To sedona it takes me between 7 and 8 hours (with breaks) but Flagstaff is more like a 6 to 6.5 hour drive... so not TOO bad for visits (hint hint).

I WILL be in LA packing this weekend. I'm driving in tomorrow and will probably be there between 2 and 4. I don't know yet if I'm leaving Monday or Tuesday, it depends how long the movers take Monday and how upset I am at the idea of spending another night in the apt. with my now ex-boyfriend. haha.

Maybe we should plan on a dinner Sunday night? I know some people don't like NikoNiko, but I'd like to go there cuz I'll really miss it. Okay, not THAT much... there's five Japanese food places in Flag.

For anyone who wants to know about where I'll be living this is the Flagstaff Website:
http://www.flagstaffa...­

And here's a site with good downtown pics:
http://www.flagstaffc...­
A former member
Post #: 78
I wish you the best of luck

i went thru Flagstaff to get to Belton, TX,

i don;t know how you breath in AZ, the air is so hot, lol

don't you love how life makes our choices for us.

maybe when i get a car, i can come visit you in AZ

best wishes,
Leigh Anne
A former member
Post #: 70
I'm off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so I can help you out any of those days, and Niko Niko sounds fabulous to me! Just let me know!
A former member
Post #: 164
Sunday night is probably best, not too late cuz of the movers coming.

Flagstaff air isn't hot at all. In fact most of the year it's actually cool. In the winter we get a lot of snow... and there's sking etc. It also has some of the cleanest air in the country.