Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › Time to Shut Down the Group?

Time to Shut Down the Group?

Ren
user 2369215
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 162
Since one person mentioned meeting earlier on a weeknight - maybe make the event two part? There are probably several places you could do this, but I only know Weho - so for instance start at 5 pm in King's Road Park. The street parking isn't bad around there and it's next to a Gelsons if anyone is starving. Park closes at sundown - but then it's walking distance to Barney's which is open until well after midnight and has a lot of seating.

I just yelped Barney's and it's open until 2 am - but apparently some people have commented that it's not gay friendly? Not sure how a bar in Weho can pull that off haha.
Ren
user 2369215
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 163
Oh noooo I just joined yesterday and already talks of shutting down? Please don't! :) I would love to come to meetings and plan to in the future, however I unfortunately can't make the one tomorrow, boo. :( I hope things get worked out because I just moved to NoHo and want to meet people so badly! :)

~S

I'd be interested to know as someone not in Hollywood proper what days/times you would find convenient? Are you able to cross the hill for a weeknight meeting - what time do you think you could arrive?
A former member
Post #: 168
Fortunately, last night's meeting went pretty well, so the group has been reprieved. Small group but really good conversation. I hope it continues.

Mariner
A former member
Post #: 1
I can't tell you how disapointed I am that I missed this meeting! For some reason, I must have looked on the wrong page and not seen it was last night, but that you had a meeting in August. I'm new and would hate for you to close this down. I've been looking forward to getting together with like-minded people. I'll have to make sure I pay closer attention.
A former member
Post #: 3
like a tard i showed up yesterday instead of wed, *sigh, shake head. but yeah dont shut down im transferring from pasadena's pagan meetup, it would suck if i didnt have one out here
neko s.
neko_senshi
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 40
Please keep this group. Having a place to meet L.A. Wiccans is personally important to me.

I think having it late on a weeknight has always been the biggest block for me in the past, and perhaps others would agree. Sunday afternoons seem to be nice lazy times that most people can agree on. ^_^
A former member
Hi Mariner,

I have never been involved with this type of group. I am very curious & interested & a little scared..I did show up to first meeting..but I didn't know if I was in the section at the Bourgeious Pig. I have a lot of books on Wicca--but have not got a clue as to what I am doing. So I am a little lost...
I work a lot too. This year has been pretty much of disaster, personally...anyway ..I definitely wish to meet you guys soon...please let me know of next meeting....thanks Lana
A former member
well, i recently joined, and now started looking for the way to participating into the activities.... not sure of what happened and what was the issue in the past, but i can probably tell if any local newbie like me looks around the local pagan groups to work with here in meeup.com, he/she will feel this group is one the best in town at least in terms of the number of the members. we can't stop shutting this down if it's necessary, but i will have to spend another long time searching for the similar one under the situation that most of local covens are very conservative accepting the new comer... all the best.

Peace and Love, Love.

Edward.