Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › House of Danu (OBOD) Festival of Lughnasadh, July 30-August 2
|A former member||
The HOUSE OF DANU presents its bi-annual Gorsedd celebrating the Festival of Lughnasadh, July 30, 2010 to August 2, 2010, in the redwoods overlooking Monterey Bay. Pagans from throughout the world will gather to learn ritual and bardic skills; share food, drumming, and dancing; and celebrate Pagan culture in California for 4 days and 3 nights. The Gorsedd will include nightly Bardic campfires and a rousing Eisteddfod (performing arts celebration) nestled in a redwood grove. The weekend will be capped by a grand procession and ritual celebrating Lughnasadh that all participants create together. On Sunday evening, we emerge in black and red costumes, masques, face paint and leather, to move with sensual live drum rhythms accompanying the sounds of our House DJ: a Pomba Gira.
• The Art of Drumming: skilled professional-level drummers will give workshops in Celtic, Middle Eastern, African, and Alchemical drumming techniques for all skill levels.
• Chanting and Ritual Dance: led by Evelie Delfino Såles Posch, we will build our skills and confidence in ritual arts through learning chants and dances we can perform during the Lughnasadh ritual.
• Healing Practices: led by a panel of Pagan and Druid leaders on the pallet of healing practices emerging from our traditions.
• Daily Spiritual Practice: The Druid Grove will preside over a discussion and present techniques for daily spiritual practice as it is done in the Druid tradition. This takes many forms, and is an essential feature in building an enormous spiritual capacity. Ultimately, it can lead to a point where your life emerges as a walking meditation within which your powers of learning and healing are enhanced tenfold.
• Sustainable Living: ritual and practical ways to cultivate respect, awareness, and action for living our Nature-centered spirituality and ethics.
• Creating Ecstatic Ritual: led by T. Thorn Coyle, an interactive opportunity to learn how to use traditional ritual structure to build group ritual that encourages us all to be fully present in the enchantment of the moment, connected with each other and the Divine.
The Gorsedd will feature a special message from OBOD Chief, Philip Carr-Gomm (www.philipcarrgomm.druidry.org) accompanied by internationally acclaimed recording artist Damh the Bard.(www.paganmusic.co.uk). Philip Carr-Gomm will be available to spend time with you through live video conference on Saturday morning.
Evelie Delfino Såles Posch, Bard of Taliesin, performing artist, and leader of the Chorus and Band for Reclaiming’s Spiral Dance (www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8EU4TeBXM) is again our Gorsedd Bardic Master, presiding over our chanting, ritual music, and Eisteddfod.
T.Thorn Coyle, priestess of the Feri tradition, popular author, performing artist, and teacher (www.thorncoyle.com), has joined the staff this year to teach Bardic skills and show us how to create ecstatic ritual.
The Druids of the Oak, Ash & Thorn Brewing Company are bottling a special mead under the House of Danu label for the Gorsedd (www.oakashthornbrewing.com).
On Sunday night we explore our shadow selves with Pomba Gira. We emerge in black and red costumes, masques, face paint, and leather, to move with sensual live drum rhythms supporting music spun by the House of Danu House DJ, Murias O’Ceallagh.
Registration fees include all events, workshops, 8 wonderful meals prepared by Buddhist wedding chefs, and lodging.
Bunk in cabin: $337.00
Space is limited so register early.
Registration and more information is available at the House of Danu website: www.houseofdanu.com.
The HOUSE OF DANU is sponsored by an alliance of California Druid Groves and Seed Groups of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids (OBOD). Membership in OBOD is not required, just an interest in exploring Druid culture. Our House includes members of all known Druid orders in the West, and Pagans from many traditions.