Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › I need help - egg-laying and vet question

I need help - egg-laying and vet question

Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 442
THanks Cynthia for the update... how cute that she has learned to eat the whole thing... it's great!
keep us updated,

ps, what brand of liquid vitamins are you giving her? just curious... but Marty makes such good point... probably if we are giving them whole foods, the vitamins are a good addition, since it's hard to get all the nutrients from just whole foods, I'm thinking?
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 293
I couldn't find liquid vit D so I bought CVS brand 400 iu soft gels, and I'm giving her 2 a day. I think in her case it is necessary because she apparently doesn't metabolize it from the sun the way the other girls do (this is only an assumption based on the results of our experiment). I think it's also important to make sure we only supplement when we know there's a need, since some vitamins can be overdosed. I'll be consulting with my vet again next week to follow up on this, and I'll see if he has any other suggestions. But I'm REALLY glad that I won't have to take any drastic steps with her (hope this remains the case). I'll be keeping up the dosing and keeping an eye on her forever, I guess . . . just glad she's still with me.