September 21, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Update: Here is my # in case anyone needs to call or text! :) (818)[masked]
Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to our backyard MeetUp potluck at my house in Glendale this Saturday! Limited to perhaps 30 attendees due to limited parking, I suggest friends please carpool. Whoever arrives first and isn't leaving early, you are welcome to park in my driveway, just pull up as far as you can behind each car to make room for several cars in driveway please. If you have to leave early however please park on street.
Things we'll need:
1) 20+ fold up chairs and/or benches for sitting.
2) Potluck food, a few bags of ice, drinking water, soda and/or juice to share.
A few ideas for Sat. 9/21 meetup:
1) I'll have an optional sign-up sheet for you to list your email address so that we can swap emails amongst each other for sending info discussed at our Meet Up group.
2) If you have helpful tips you'd like to share, please bring a printout that you can read to the group (and email everyone copies later) or you can pass out copies.
3) Networking - If anyone has a business or something you'd like to network amongst the group, we can set time around 2:00 for everyone to introduce ourselves & talk about what projects you have going on or need help with.
4) Urban chicken keeping legal topics - since many of us live in towns where our city's ordinances are confusing or questionable and our flocks are at risk of being evicted, please bring any info or knowledge you may have to share. (i.e. City doesn't allow chickens because they claim manure seeps into ground water. Or - Your city's ordinance doesn't make sense and you think you have a valid case while the city's ordinances you feel are contradictory).
5) Come make new friends, new chicken baby sitting pals, network, swap knowledge, share food, and have a fun day! :)