addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › cleaning up the human body after chicken poop

cleaning up the human body after chicken poop

Davey
user 11420206
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 24
usually i'm pretty good at cleaning up myself after making accommodations in/to chicken housing. but today i got some poop on my finger and i can't clean off the stank. i've washed with a couple of soaps, even toothpaste, baking soda... but still stanky...
Laura B.
FarmerLaura
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 40
Try spraying your hand with Febreze and letting it soak a while.
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 182
or maybe lemon juice?
Gotta admit this is a new one for me . . . trying hard not to chuckle since it could be me next. Hope you get relief soon!
Gigi
user 12666403
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 72
Must have been a cecal poop. confused
Gigi
user 12666403
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 73
You could try Oxine on your hands.
Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 196
hope by now the smell is long gone... but since we are still giving answers, just wanted to share the magic of vinegar... among many other things, it does remove odors... it's amazing... you know that smell a load of clothes gets when we forget them wet inside the washer? I did it and OMG after a couple of days I realized the clothes were there because of the smell coming off the laundry room ---

I washed the load two times with lots of detergent and the smell was there as strong as ever. I thought I was going to trash my towels but my wise mother knew the secret --- I washed the clothes again, but this time, I added vinegar (to where the bleach goes) and I was totally amazed... (just regular white vinegar)

so, keep this magical product in mind... and on hand... :)
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 186
Great idea Laura - I'll have to remember that! I've been guilty of laundry abuse myself confused I already love using vinegar to clean my bathroom - now I'll have to buy a bigger bottle!
Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 200
Great idea Laura - I'll have to remember that! I've been guilty of laundry abuse myself confused I already love using vinegar to clean my bathroom - now I'll have to buy a bigger bottle!

wow Cynthia, what a brilliant idea... cleaning your bathroom with vinegar? well, now I am the one who will have to buy a bigger bottle laughing
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 187
just great minds thinking alike! laughing
Diana
user 9718965
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Post #: 151
I've been using vinigar my whole life for cleaning and smell removal. Windows, toilets, counters, shower and on and the list goes. It's a great chemical free cleaner and it works really well on almost everything. Also I used it when the neighborhood cat was peeing in the planter right near my front door. Worked great as a smell remover and didn't kill the plants. Not only that, it kept the cat from going there again. I put in spray bottle and dilute it with water. Learned all this from my mother. Also, you can try garlic on the stank spot if it still stinks.