Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Giving away my 2 babies... =(

Giving away my 2 babies... =(

Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 246
hello all,
I am taking myself out of this... I like to rescue the needy and I don't need to be competing for girls who will have a home anyway --- I just need two small girls for my one boy --- but obviously this pair are not for me -

Ann, you have a wonderful attitude and I'm sure you will end up with the right hens... keep in mind that Animal Place is looking for people to adopt more of their hens and they are coming to LA in a few weeks to deliver them...

Ann, just fyi, you have mentioned the size of your enclosure. According to Animal Place (and other experts) a fair space per hen is 10 sq feet... so you probably be good with two hens, anything else get to be too crowded for them and gets to the point it is a bit on the cruelty side... chickens are very social and curious beings, the more space the better... you can get away with a little space but they can't thrive or be happy - they may adjust, but I don't see how they could be happy --- my opinion... since you are trying to learn :)
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 14
Hi laura! Thanks do much for your input, I'm all about the learning! The enclosure I have would only be temp if necessary. I am starting the process of looking at coop structures and whatever I would build for them would be much larger than 4x6 and I also want the hens to be free range when I am there to watch them:0)
I will definitely check out The Animal Place as it is my preference to rscye those in need as well :0)
In gratitude,
Ann
Arsalan S
user 53226022
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Hey you guys,

I'm sorry I took forever to reply. I've been really busy with school. Well I came up with a plan which will hopefully work out if my dad agrees to put in the work. For the time being they stay in the coop while I'm away at school for the day. So I'll see if I can do anything to improve their situation, giving them one more chance before I give up. Lol and I had a dream about them the other night that made me really think about a solution. But we'll see, for the time being I just wanna say you guys are all so amazingly kind and I feel great to have foudn such supporting people on here and I want to keep in contact with you guys.
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 16
Oh Arsalan I'm so happy to here you are keeping your babies, I know you will all be happier, even if it's just for the time being:0)
This does seem to be a great group of peeps, I agree with you :0)
Many blessings
Ann
Marie M.
user 45254602
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 10
Arsalan - that's wonderful that you found a way to keep them, at least for now. I'm sure they are used to you and consider you their "mama" so they would miss you, too.