addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › ITS ALL MY FAULT....IM SOO BUMMED!!

ITS ALL MY FAULT....IM SOO BUMMED!!

sarah t.
user 13286572
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 12
Ron, so sorry! That happened to us with our first chickens. It was so traumatic and disturbing! Our predator was raccoons. Our coop is now Fort Knox! We dug trenches around and sunk the wire sides/bottom deep into the ground before covering it with dirt. Don't use chicken wire, it is flimsy and raccoons can reach right through the spaces, or tear it. You can find really good ideas and designs for coops on this website and others. Coyotes are really bold, now, it's amazing how many more of them we see these days.
A former member
Post #: 229
In my case it was a pack of racoons, at 3am. I had witnesses.

The next day my neighbor was walking across the yards, picking the pieces for burial.

My coop was locked. They were able to see where the chickens are, lift the heavy natural rocks + roof, and just scoop one out. I felt really stupid, but also lucky that it wasn't worst.
david
user 4148344
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 88
Motion detection lights seem to work here...Not all hollywood residents like to be in the spotlight