addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › 7 Hens in Search of a Foster Home before October 20

7 Hens in Search of a Foster Home before October 20

A former member
Post #: 1
We're headed on a one year sabbatical and looking for a loving foster home for our 7 hens. They lay 2-5 eggs a day, are very good looking (well, we think so), quite funnyand put themselves to bed at sunset if you let them out for a little free-ranging in the afternoon. We live in Culver City so if you're considering giving chickens a try, these are some winners. Email me anytime. We leave town on October 25th so sooner is a plus plus.
A former member
Post #: 102
Hi, Chris---I live in Manhattan Beach and have lost 3 hens to old age (they were 8 to 12 yrs ) in the last 6 months, so I have some room in my purpose built "Poulet Chalet" Very nice house and chicken yard.... If you find it difficult to place some of your hens, I could take 3 or 4, but I would let some others just getting started have a shot first. This is a pretty active site. What breed or breeds are they? People will want to know---also, are they standard or bantams?? Thanks!
Kelli
user 11160354
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 7
If you can come down to Long Beach on Sunday you can check out our coop and yard. I would be happy to take your gals...there is enough room here that they can all have their own space....