addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Glassel Park Coffee Shop offering coffee chaff for bedding

Glassel Park Coffee Shop offering coffee chaff for bedding

Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 78
Ok great Sandplum, what time were you thining about going to Brandi's?
Kait
user 13149651
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Sandplum,

I'm in SFV and if you have some left I'd like to try it with my chickens to see how they like it. I can come by sometime on Sunday if you are free.
sandplum
sandplum
Winnetka, CA
Post #: 22
Ok great Sandplum, what time were you thining about going to Brandi's?
I plan to be there at 4 pm.
sandplum
sandplum
Winnetka, CA
Post #: 23
Hi Sandplum,

I'm in SFV and if you have some left I'd like to try it with my chickens to see how they like it. I can come by sometime on Sunday if you are free.

oooh, sorry Kait, I have already promised my extra bag. I will let you know the next time I get some!
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 79
Hey Kait! If you're going to Brandi's today we could share the chaff! Bring a bag if you are and we'll do halvesies :0)
Cheers
Ann
Kait
user 13149651
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Sandplum, no problem. I'll get some the next time I'm in that area.

Thanks for the offer Ann. I couldn't make the happy hour yesterday.
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 82
I figured Kait, both Sandplum and I looked for you. Sorry you didn't make it, it was fun! :0)
Cheers!
Ann
Devorah B.
DevBee
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 3
All for upcycling industrial waste! I've been using coffee chaff for deep bedding over the past three months, my ladies seem to love it. It is also a great source of nitrogen (and possibly even high nitrogen) for thermal batch compost. It is very light and fluffy, so I mix it with pine shavings and dry leaves, and wet it down before adding to the compost heap. Groundworks in NoHo has organic chaff and they are really great folks!
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 92
Hmmm, Groundworks in NOHO, very close to me, thanks for the tip DevBee! Do you deal with one person in particular?
Cheers!
Ann
Devorah B.
DevBee
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 5
Hi Ann, I just call their office and they send whomever is available to the warehouse with me. They double bag the chaff and offer you as much as you'd like. It smells like heaven in the coop!