addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Rally for Legalization Efforts One More Time

Rally for Legalization Efforts One More Time

Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 291
OK i know a few people have expressed interest in working on legalization efforts. The long beach city meeting yesterday has really got me going. There is already comment from one city council member that they will only pass the new ordinances, no matter what it says unless neighbors are asked first for permission. You know how well that will help the cause. We're going to discuss some efforts on Sunday during our Long Beach bee meeting.

I think we need to get colorful and informative handouts. We need to canvas and/or go to school events, community events have tables with the girl scouts who are selling cookies. Do the girl scouts have chicken/poultry badges?

I think it would be great to have kids coming and speaking about their experiences with chickens. That's one of those awww moments that tug at people's heart strings. I really don't know the best time for a meeting. I could probably get away with using our gotomeeting for an evening meeting. Aghhh!!!

Here's an online synopsis of the meeting

Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 293
I have some time during a basektball game to do this so I'm trying to organize information etc. Long Beach just had a meeting about change city ordinances for bees, chickens and goats and people say the craziest stuff. I found a report that Ventura city took a tour and spoke to neighbors, etc and received some "concerns" from the neighbors about noise and ordors but they still increased the limit as of last month. We just need more information at the ready. This is a very active area. Everyone who has expressed interest before i've put as organizers so we can all edit the details. Feel free to add thoughts in the meetup description. Most feel like taking this on after the holidays so I'm thinking about Jan. Long Beach will probably meet early March so I think we need to do as much as possible soon. If you want me to add you or remove you just let me know of I think you can do it yourself. We can do this people!

I was trying to update the blog but realized i forgot the password!!! I'm waiting for the password and will try to organize links and will set up some google docs unless you guys know of a better way to organize the spreadsheets.