addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Our Chickens Started Laying!

Our Chickens Started Laying!

Kait
user 13149651
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Everyone!

I joined the group when we got our buff orpingtons last September, but haven't been very active. I'm proud to say that they started laying about 2 weeks ago (at about 32 weeks) and we've been getting 2 eggs a day 5 days a week! It's such an amazing feeling to be able to pick up fresh eggs every day. Thank you everyone for sharing your experience on the board, it's helped us a lot!
Pete K.
user 54883572
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 22
Yep, every egg is a little miracle to me. And they taste so great! I often find myself thanking my hens when I collect their eggs.

Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 412
How fun! If you have pictures of your hens and or the eggs i can put them up on our blog to inspire more people. :) you can post here on the message board or you can email me at rkato@chla.usc.edu
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 416
I added Kait's pics to our blog. http://chickenenthusi...­
Kait
user 13149651
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
Thanks for the post Roberta. Ill try to get better pictures next time.