Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › termite tenting

termite tenting

J P
user 12558999
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
My neighbor is tenting his house and garage. The garage is on the shared lot line and is relatively close to my coop.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with "how close is too close" for my chickens to be, how far away they should be, and for how long after the tending process.

Would like to hear your experiences on what you did about it?

JP, Westchester
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 275
I've only been tented once. I can tell you that all of my foundation plants (right next to the building) died, but most grew back from the roots. If your coop is not exactly next to the structure, I would put a tarp over the back and sides adjacent to the neighbor's garage and weigh down the bottom edges with rocks or bricks to keep it evenly in contact with the ground, and leave the front side (away from the garage) open. There's not much more you can do, but I think you'll probably be fine. The whole point of the tent is to concentrate the gas in the house - it probably disperses upward pretty quickly if there's ventilation. Best idea - call a termite company and pose the question - if I hire you, and my coop is so many feet from my home, what's the danger? They'll know best . . . good luck!
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 276
Any news? How did the tenting go? I'm assuming it's happened by now . . .