Ashura
ladyashura
La Habra, CA
Post #: 1
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
I've got more than enough baby chicks coming in March and I can't keep them all. Does anyone know of a good way to find good homes for them or anyone who can take in some chicks? Websites, people, places, etc.
Roberta Kato
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 457
Send an Email Post a Greeting
You can post the info here and Craigslist is always an option. We are having an event in March so if they are coming around then we can announce that you have them then.

California Poultry People's facebook page is another great way to find people.

List where you are getting them, the breeds, birthdates, prices and where you are located to help people figure out if that will be a good option for them.

I've got an adoption page on our blog but we don't have alot of people following yet so the audience would be small. Pictures also help alot. No one can resist a cute fuzzy chick.
Ashura
ladyashura
La Habra, CA
Post #: 2
You can post the info here and Craigslist is always an option. We are having an event in March so if they are coming around then we can announce that you have them then.

California Poultry People's facebook page is another great way to find people.

List where you are getting them, the breeds, birthdates, prices and where you are located to help people figure out if that will be a good option for them.

I've got an adoption page on our blog but we don't have alot of people following yet so the audience would be small. Pictures also help alot. No one can resist a cute fuzzy chick.

Yeah! Thank you for the advise. I'll be posting soon, Is there a specific area I should post in? Like is it okay to post on the Discussion area? Do you have a link to the adoption blog? Thanks again!
Melissa
user 69706612
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Im looking for a few chicks. What breed and how old?
Thanks,
Melissa
Roberta Kato
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 458
if you post here i'll post the blog for you. Same info. :)
Ashura
ladyashura
La Habra, CA
Post #: 3
UPDATE 3/13/13: all chicks have been spoken for.

So the chicks are scheduled to arrive 2nd week of March, as soon as they hatch. From Meyer Hatchery.
I had to order 15 for min shipping, I'll be keeping 4 gals, but the rest need to find happy homes which I've listed breeds below. Was planning on keeping the whole lot but my dog has got a real thing for chasing smaller critters. (Next time Jersey Giants *sigh*, that'll keep my shepherd at bay).
All are female and will have been vaccinated for Marek's (HVT).
Black Langshan (2) $8 each
Dominique (1) $6
Black Australorp (1) $5
New Hampshire Red (1) $5
Buff Orpington (2) $5
Rhode Island Red (1) $5
White Rock (2) $5
Barred Rock (1) $5

Let me know if more info is need or anything.
BTW: I'm located in La Habra Hts., that's 30 minutes north of Disneyland and 45 minutes east of Downtown LA.
Audrey
user 10258928
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 9
I sent you an email as well, but I would love to take 2 chicks off your hands. I can come pick them up when they arrive. I already have 3 chickens and looking to add 2 to my flock this year--and I need mine vaccinated.

I'm open to any of your breeds, but ideally would like a Australorp, RIR, Orphington or Barred Rock.

Let me know if you didn't get my email and I'll try again.