addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › 2-5 week old chicks for adoption

2-5 week old chicks for adoption

Tiffany
user 82360312
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Hello everyone. We have two 5 week old chicks for adoption. We aren't sure of the gender or breed of either chick. We hatched them in our first grade class and they have gotten too big to stay in the classroom. We are in the Hollywood area for pick-up. You can contact me, Tiffany, at 323-217-3019 or at roxiehrt@yahoo.com. Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 386
Hi Tiffany and welcome!

If you purchased the fertilized eggs from a grocery store, I believe the browns are likely Red Star and whites are likely white Leghorns.
- 'backyardchickens.com/products/star­
- 'backyardchickens.com/products/leghorn­

The problem is that there is a 75% chance at least one is a rooster:
- two roosters, 25% probability (flip a coin, 50% first is rooster, 50% second is rooster, 50%*50%=25%)
- two hens, 25%
- one rooster and one hen, 25%
- one hen and one rooster, 25%
= 100%

I may be wrong on this info, and please correct me, but at the end of the day it is very hard to raise roosters in the city, or find them forever homes, but you only have two so I hope you find homes for them.

The first time I searched for chickens was on craigslist, where seller's wife was a teacher and they came from classroom hatching projects. He took care of the roosters, and was only selling pullets. It is just the reality, 50/50, one has to go.