Rick S.
user 83537012
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Hi all! Lost my orpington last night, we think maybe do to impaction. So now we need a new third. Do you know of anyone locally that has a pullet or older? We live in Highland Park. Maybe another buff orp. or a rock, anything that would adjust well with 2- 7 mnth. old hens with a good temperament.
Elaine J.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 144
Hi, Rick ...

I had two sister Black Australorps about 2 years old, and wanted to add a third. I contacted Dare 2 Dream in Lompoc, and told them I wanted a pullet, about 12 - 14 weeks. They delivered her to my door. She was perfect.
The best thing, I think, beside their service, is that this is a healthy, happy bird. The other 2 had a period of adjustment, but as soon as she was full grown, she was totally accepted (might have had something to do with the fact that she was larger than the others, but she's such a sweetie she never made them pay for their folly).
user 31774812
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 8
I just found out that Birdman on Figueroa gets chicks on Fridays every so often.
user 76599302
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
There is a place called Wes's pet and feed that has adult chickens, fowl and pigeons. They are in El Monte on Peck Road.