Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Chickens Galore Norco?

Chickens Galore Norco?

Audrey
user 10258928
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 10
Has anyone bought chicks from Chickens Galore in Norco? I'm looking for someplace relatively local to get chicks, and I can't use Dare to Dream because I need my chicks vaccinated. Chickens Galore has a million ads on craigslist, but I haven't read any posts about them on message boards.

I also read somewhere that Chicken Stars in Norco was good, but I can't find any info on them. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 443
Has anyone bought chicks from Chickens Galore in Norco? I'm looking for someplace relatively local to get chicks, and I can't use Dare to Dream because I need my chicks vaccinated. Chickens Galore has a million ads on craigslist, but I haven't read any posts about them on message boards.

I also read somewhere that Chicken Stars in Norco was good, but I can't find any info on them. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Hi neighbor (good to see someone from Norco here!)
I'm here in Norco and I totally recommend Celeste as the breeder to go - she is on Sierra/Detroit, one block North from 6th street - here is her website, http://hamandeggsranch.com/live/main/main.htm­

She has been very helpful - she is very connected to her animals, sleeps with even a pig in her bed plus dogs cats and a canary I think - it's comical - I totally love the girls I got from her (when I needed company for my boys)

Having used anyone else but see CHickens Galore all the time as I drive by but couldn't tell you anything about them...

good luck,

Audrey
user 10258928
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 11
Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely check her out next time I need chicks.

I am actually in Los Angeles, but noticed a lot of breeders in Norco so I wanted to hear any experience since Norco isn't too far to drive for a reputable farm.
Laura
user 60848862
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 1
Hi all -- I've used Chickens Galore, and had a great experience. We got 4 girls from the farm (a rhode island red, a buff orpington, a black copper maran, and a white jersey giant)-- we've had them for 10 months, they're very happy and healthy. They came with shots, wings clipped, etc. The man who runs the farm was incredibly patient (we were first timers), has been readily available via phone for questions, provided boxes for us to load them up and take them home... We've been really pleased. While we bought older pullets, he had chickens from 1 week to 1 year old. Very friendly, very patient -- sounds like you can't go wrong in Norco between Chickens Galore and the other contact recommended. Good luck!
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 57
Hi, I'm going to Chickens Galore this week to buy a silverlaced wyandotte. Would anyone like to join me? Or place an order and I'll pick you up your chicks or chickens? You could pay Russell at Chickens Galore over the phone the day I head out to pick them up, or we can figure out what the best way to do this is. It's a far drive, so I thought I'd let people know I'm going to make the trek.

Sue
Glendale, CA
joAnn O
TokenGirl
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 22
Hi,

I'm curious to know what they have and I can't seem to find a website for them. How did you come about finding them? Anything I could see online?

BTW - I went to Chicken Stars a couple of years ago and really liked them. I didn't get any chicks at the time since I was only entertaining expending my flock but I really liked them. The guy (who's name escapes me at the moment) took a lot of time to talk to us and show us his birds. He was also cautious about bio-security which I felt is a plus.
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 585
Hi, I'm going to Chickens Galore this week to buy a silverlaced wyandotte. Would anyone like to join me? Or place an order and I'll pick you up your chicks or chickens? You could pay Russell at Chickens Galore over the phone the day I head out to pick them up, or we can figure out what the best way to do this is. It's a far drive, so I thought I'd let people know I'm going to make the trek.

Sue
Glendale, CA

If you just need one I have one that is very whiny in the morning that you can have. She's about 8 months old. She's a little spoiled I think....
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 59
Hi TokenGirl - I couldn't find a website for Chickens Galore either. I heard about them from a nice member here who emailed me. I found a phone# on Yelp (with several 5 star reviews, everyone raving about how wonderful Russell is and his facilities). I called him and asked if he has Silver Laced Wyandottes. Yes, and 3 different ages to choose from. Perfect for me! I want to get a 3-5 month old. I am not sure what other breeds he has, however here's his # so you can call him (very nice guy, Russell): "4291 Valley View, Norco, CA 92860, (951) 255-9553. Chicks hatching every weekend. Older hens also available. Hours: Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri 5:30pm-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm, Sun 8am-3pm. "

Cool about Chicken Stars, I haven't heard of them. I will Google. You'll have to call Russell to ask what breeds he has. If you want me to pick you up some, perhaps you can pay him over the phone, or I'll go to your house first so we can meet and figure out how we'll do the money part and you can pick up your birds from me after..or let me know what you suggest.
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 60
Hi Roberta, I sent you an email here. I'm still going to Norco, excited to go! Anyone want to drive out with me? Although warning, I drive a 65 Chevelle with no a/c! It's cute, but gets warm.
Karen C.
user 83873082
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Post #: 43
Hi all...I heard the name "Chickens Galore" on the LAUCE message board but didn't think anything of it until I was trying to replace the three chicks I lost from My Pet Chicken...and now again, since I'm in the process of re-homing and replacing my 3 roosters that MISTAKENLY came from My Pet Chicken. (There is an unspoken message here!). Anyway, was searching Craig's List and found many listings for Chickens Galore. Russell doesn't have a website, but is great about calling back. He runs a little chicken farm behind his ranch house in Norco. Easy drive...just off the 15 between the 91 and 60. He hatches chicks every weekend...therefore has Pullets/Roos of all ages. He breeds a lot of the chickens that are hard to find. Day old chicks are vaccinated for Mareks...then he asks you back at about 7 weeks on a Sunday for a follow-up Mareks, as well as Newcastle, Fowl Pox and Bronchitis. This is included in the price. Russell is very knowledgeable and patient. He'll answer all of your questions. Don't think he accepts credit cards. Not sure about checks. We brought home a day old Blue Laced Wyandotte, as well as two 2 week old Silver Laced Wyandottes. They were clean, happy, healthy and are doing just fine. Interestingly, all three were accepted into the flock by the My Pet Chicken 1 week olds. They were all very respectful and caring of one another, unless someone has a large piece of watermelon! ;-) I am on my way back to Chickens Galore this week with Susan. Will keep you posted...oh, and if anyone is in the market for a sweet, 5 week Black Australorpe Roo, he is yours! He will be receiving his final vaccinations on Sunday, the 28th!