Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Blue Copper and Blue Splash Marans free to good home

Blue Copper and Blue Splash Marans free to good home

Cara
user 67618442
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Hi everyone!

My name is Cara and I live in Woodland Hills. I hatched these handsome little cockerels about 4 weeks ago. I had the eggs shipped from a breeder called Chicken Scratch Poultry in Illinois. They're very healthy and active. You may take both together if you have enough hens. Since they were raised together, they should get along much better than two unfamiliar roosters would.
I also have a little Olive Egger cockerel for sale. He's the one poking his head out from behind the blue splash. I can take more pictures of you're interested. :)

Thanks!

http://i1100.photobuc...­

Amanda G
user 12128708
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 131
Cara you sure that Splash is a he??? The single picture of it you posted looks girly to me.....
Cara
user 67618442
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Cara you sure that Splash is a he??? The single picture of it you posted looks girly to me.....

To be honest, that's the only one I'm not 100% sure about. The splash's wattles are much more pink than my obvious pullet marans chick and it's comb is also a little bigger than the pullet. I've posted pictures of it on backyardchickens and even the people on there weren't sure about the splash. I really, really want it to be a girl though because it's so beautiful and I've already fallen in love with another cockerel from the hatch, so if "he's" a he, I'm not going to be able to keep him.
Amanda G
user 12128708
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 134
I would wait ... I have a splash Marans in my flock and she is great! I had 2 Black Orpingtons that I hatched and I was convinced that one was a boy and one was a girl based on stance comb thickness of legs etc etc .... People on BYC agreed and guess what ?? I got 2 girls!! I kept waiting for the other one to grow a bigger comb or crow :)

I'd keep her/him a few more weeks to be sure!
Amanda G
user 12128708
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 135
Oooh Cara I have another idea for you if you don't find them homes!!! The Poultry show in Ventura on the 13th has a for sale section OR you can contact the organizer as they have an auction to raise $$ for the organization. So if you wanted to donate the boys to the auction I bet you totally could!! Or bring them to sell!! I met up with someone last year who bought a Blue Copper Marans Roo from me. Wish I had known to bring the 2nd one to sell there :)
Cara
user 67618442
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! That's such a great idea!!! I've always wanted to go to a poultry show too. I didn't think we had any that local. If I can't contact the organization, I'll definitely bring them there to sell. Phew, that takes a load off my mind. Thanks again, Amanda!

And I'll definitely hold on to the Splash for a while longer! *Crossing fingers*