Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › This time, for real

This time, for real

A former member
Post #: 76
Hi All,

I know it seems like just a few weeks ago that I hosted a meetup about regrets of having chickens and things you need to think about before getting chickens. In fact, it WAS just a few weeks ago. Well, I've reached the proverbial end of my rope, my responsibilities have become too time-consuming to maintain my happiness. In the spirit of letting go, I'm letting go of my chickens.

I am offering for adoption:
4 less than a year old laying hens ( 2 brahmas and 2 buff orpingtons, brown eggs)
a watering can
a feeding can
a feeding assembly that holds the cans up on chains for clearance from the ground and protects from rain
a coop, although my coop style may not be yours
a heat lamp for chicks
and waterer for chicks

and I will also DELIVER. It's becoming abundantly clear that having less dependents and more time will make life better for me. Please take these lovely ladies off my hands.

Contact me off list if you are interested: 323-491-6966
Debbie
user 76599302
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 13
Although you are doing what is best for you, I couldn't help feelings a little bit sad reading your post. Hope the girls find a great home.
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 296
Tyson, I know how hard it is to make this kind of decision. Hard as it is, you're doing the right thing. Best wishes.
Karen C.
user 83873082
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Post #: 8
Tyson...I feel sad, also...but as the mother of 4 children, I understand the demands of marriage, child rearing and bread winning. You need to do what's right for you and your young family and in time, there will be plenty of time for chickens. You have lovely chickens and I'm sure they'll find a good home, in addition to enriching someone's life.

Best of luck...
Lisa Ramos O.
user 73122972
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
A friend is looking for young hens. I told her about your girls and hope she calls you. Her name is Bonnie. Best of luck, Tyson.
A former member
Post #: 77
I wanted to say thanks for all your kind words and help. My chickens, with the help of Cynthia, have a new home with a loving family in Pasadena. Thanks to Cynthia and to the group for your support.

I'll be leaving the group with fond memories. Thanks all!

Tyson
Cynthia
bringer_o_treats
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 297
Sorry to see you go, but you have our best wishes.