addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Karen C.
user 83873082
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Post #: 32
Silver laced Wyandotte is only 5 days old. Looks like she's on death's door. Smaller than the others. Likes to stay under the warmer. Eyes closed...feels warm...foot sticking out, breathing hard. Any words of wisdom?
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 33
Held her in my hand and she died. So hard to watch these sweet little things suffer. Hopefully the remaining seven will live to retirement.
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 558
So sorry to hear about your little chick. I like the broody hens for raising chicks, they seem to know how to do it better than us. I also worry sometimes about how they are bred.

I'm sure she felt cared for by you in her short little life. I hope the others stay strong!
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 34
Thanks Roberta! Her sister was one of the two that died in transit. You could be right about the breeding. Kinda makes buying from Dare 2 Dream Farms a safer and more comforting option.
A former member
Post #: 206
the "foot sticking out, breathing hard" sounds like Marek's Were they vaccinated?
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 35
Yes...at least I requested and paid for the vaccinations. And I'm giving them medicated crumbles. I did feed them a little scrambled egg earlier in the day. Very small pieces which they loved. She was right in there. And they seem to be eating the chick grit.