addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › FWD:: Help Defeat the Anti-Animal King Amendment

FWD:: Help Defeat the Anti-Animal King Amendment

Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 543

hi all,
I'm forwarding this email I receive from Animal Place... I didn't know anything about it, just got it, but it's something that I will definitely help defeat... please pass the word!!!

Want to help animals across the country? Step up and help defeat the King amendment of the Farm Bill. This dangerous amendment would undermine and overturn animal welfare and protection laws in states. It would impact important issues like farmed animal confinement and horse slaughter.

TAKE ACTION!

CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS
The Humane Society of the United States has a legislator look-up feature. Call and state, ""As a constituent concerned about preventing cruelty to animals, I would like you to please help to remove the King amendment from the final Farm Bill and oppose this attack on states' rights."

CALL THE HOUSE-SENATE FARM BILL CONFERENCE COMMITTEE
Ask that they remove the "King Amendment" from the final Farm Bill
Sen. Thad Cochran: 202-224-5054
Rep. Frank Lucas: 202-225-5565
Rep. Collin Peterson: 202-225-2165
Sen. Debbie Stabenow: 202-224-4822

With compassion,

Marji Beach
Education Director

Vickie
Spinster_Sister
Hawthorne, CA
Post #: 255
Is this the same as the "Rotten Egg" bill? HSUS has teamed up with the United Egg Producers to overturn our anti-battery cage law!