Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › I need to rehome my loved roosters

I need to rehome my loved roosters

Monique M.
user 19418691
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 10
My roosters, which were suppose to be hens, but are still greatly loved by me and my family, now need to find new homes. My neighbors have complained. I keep them in the house during the night ( in dog crates) to avoid bothering the neighbors but I guess it didn't work. They are pets only!!! Please contact me if you would like beautiful roosters for your flock or if you know of a rooster rescue organization.

Brandi G
user 48566262
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 284
Call Lincoln feed in Pasadena. They frequently can help in these situations. They are very nice people and do only rehome roosters as pets/ for breeding, not eating, etc. Good luck!
Susan J.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 121
Oh no! Sorry to hear that Monique. I'll see if any of my contacts can take a rooster. Possibly a guy I met at Kahoot in Chatsworth knows of a farmer out that way who sometimes takes strays and does not "process" them, they're just free to roam his property during the day, I asked to make sure the situation.

You have to get rid of that gorgeous light colored roo you showed me? Oh man... I'd love to breed him with my hens, they'd all have gorgeous babies from him. Call me if you like and I'll look for my contacts' numbers.
Monique M.
user 19418691
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
Brandi and Sue Thank you! Sue, I'll call you.