Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Let's swap recipes! :) Eggs or no eggs
Los Angeles, CA
13 x 9 baking dish
(recipe can be cut in half, need smaller dish)
1 ½ sticks salted butter (melted)
2 cans corn (can be 1 can creamed, 1 can niblets, or both cream or both niblets)
1 ½ cartons of sour cream (medium size) (or if you want more like a cornbread pudding, use a large tub of sour cream)
2 boxes of Jiffy Mix corn bread
Mix together in a bowl (or directly in baking glass dish)
Bake at 375 for about 40-60 minutes or until mixture is set and top is golden in color. Test with a toothpick at 40 mins to make sure cooked inside.
Serve warm with butter on top. Great for breakfast, or as a side dish for holidays or a potluck! If you are going to prepare it the night before and reheat the entire pan the next day, you can under cook it by 5-8 minutes, although I've cooked full amount and it was not over cooked when I reheated it later.
Los Angeles, CA
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This delicious cauliflower pizza is quick and incredibly versatile; bake the crust in half an hour and throw on your favorite toppings. Dr. Oz show http://www.doctoroz.c...
1 cup cauliflower, grated
1/2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp parsley
1 green pepper
Garlic powder, to taste
Chop pepper, onion and tomato. Set aside. Steam the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it.
Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl. Spray a circular or rectangular metal pan with cooking spray before spreading the dough evenly. Sprinkle the dough with fennel, oregano, parsley and basil. Add garlic powder.
Bake at 450° F for 12-15 minutes. If crust doesn’t seem firm enough, bake a little longer, 2-5 mins. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle chopped green pepper, onion and tomato, as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
Los Angeles, CA
Sue's Cranberry Recipe
2 pkgs 12 oz whole fresh cranberries (1 pkg = 3-4 cups)
1 can Cranberry Apple juice frozen concentrate (Old Orchard brand 12 fl. oz)
¾ cup Apple juice (Tree Top bottled brand)
1 + 1/3 cup Sugar (cranberries are bitter when you bite into them)
2 Tbsp Fresh orange juice from 1 orange.
4-5 Tbsp Marmalade (optional)
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
In large pot, add all juice + sugar over medium heat. Dissolve sugar. Add cornstarch, stir and blend in cornstarch. Bring to boil. Add cranberries + pears + marmalade. Cook about 10 - 15 total. Boil for the first 8 - 10 minutes. Cranberries will begin to "pop" at 8 minutes. Around 8-10 minutes, lower heat to medium-low. Continue to cook past the 8 minutes otherwise they taste raw - 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
*Watch cooking cranberries so they don’t over cook or burn since there’s sugar liquid mixture which can make them burn easily. Be really careful handling the pot and removing cranberry sauce since hot sugar can cause severe burns.
Tbsp = Tablespoon
Los Angeles, CA
Easy Broccoli Quiche "This easy quiche is a snap to make and looks great on the table."
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 40-55 Min
Yields: 6-10 single servings
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli florettes and 2” of stem
• 1 cup minced onion (look for a smaller onion, a medium will give you 2+ cups)
OR - 3.5 cups broccoli and only ½ cup onion
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic (fresh garlic is always best, so it's not sprouting)
• 1 (9 - 11 inch) deep dish unbaked pie crust (frozen section. I use Marie Calendars, comes with 2 shells)
• 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese (you can use white cheddar, or other interesting cheese)
• 4 eggs, well beaten (4 extra large eggs is way too much. 3 large may be fine)
• ½ cup milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted. Use salted not unsalted butter, it makes a flavor difference, not necessarily a salt-tasting difference.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Don’t take frozen crust out of freezer until you’re ready to pour all ingredients in. Have all ingredients ready: Chop veggies & mince garlic, place in bowl. Shred cheese, put in a 2nd bowl.
2. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon veggies into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40-55 minutes, until center has set. Start checking center with a toothpick at 40mins to make sure center is not runny.
Broccoli - 1 nice sized crown and 2” stem equals 2cups +