Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Have to give up my chickens

Have to give up my chickens

Barbara
user 11456517
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
The city of Redondo is making me get rid of my hens. Is there anyone that can give them a good home? I have 4 Banties and one full size hen. I have 48 hours. My entire family is heartsick.

Barbara

310-379-2304
Kelli
user 11160354
Long Beach, CA
Good Morning Barbara- Did you find a home for your chickens yet? We are finishing our coop today...I was just about to start looking for chickens when I saw your post just now. 562-528-6259 Kelli
Vickie
Spinster_Sister
Hawthorne, CA
Post #: 5
Redondo is making you give up your chickens??? Do you own a single family house? Do you own roosters?

4-24.502 Animals and fowl.
No person shall keep or maintain, or permit the keeping of, upon any premises owned, occupied, or controlled by such person, any animal or fowl otherwise permitted to be kept which, by any sound or outcry, shall result in noise levels at the complainants property line which are audible for more than five (5) minutes in any hour. (§ 1, Ord. 2183 c.s., eff. August 11, 1976, as amended by § 1, Ord. 2478 c.s., eff. October 15, 1987, § 1, Ord. 2528 c.s., eff. February 16, 1989, and § 1, Ord. 2592 c.s., eff. August 16, 1990)

Maintenance of an exotic or nondomestic animal in violation of this chapter shall constitute a nuisance and may in addition be punishable as a misdemeanor. Any exotic or nondomestic animal maintained in violation of this chapter without a permit or in violation of a condition of a permit may, after notice and a hearing held under the procedures specified in Section 5-1.301 above, be confiscated by the City when necessary for the safety of the community and/or the safety of the animal itself. (§ 2, Ord. 2758 c.s., eff. February 8, 1996, as amended by § 1(46), Ord. 2844 c.s., eff. November 4, 1999)

OK, just saw where RB considers Nondomestic includes chickens, HOWEVER, according to the Ordinance above, I am assuming a permit will allow you to keep your chickens....file for a permit, go for a hearing....did they just notify you that you have 48 hours or they will take away your chickens??

Fight it!!!

anne
user 10336956
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
If you do decide to fight it- and I hope you do- but need a temporary home, let me know.
anne
Paul T.
user 8183957
Long Beach, CA
I have a farm in LB and would gladly take your birds.

PAUL

THE FARM LB