add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › first silkie chick just hatched!

first silkie chick just hatched!

user 10336956
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
So amazing!! When I checked the eggs this morning my first thought was that they had been damaged in the earthquake! DUH!! Posted a picture in the photos section. Any enthusiasts are welcome to drop by- I'm at 812 N. Coronado. 3 other eggs seem to be trying to hatch. I feel i should be doing something but Miss Big probably has it under control... right?
Hawthorne, CA
Post #: 9
Congratulations Anne! The baby is so tiny compared to his/her mom!! Post another photo when all the eggs hatch with momma!
Ron F.
user 11466035
Whittier, CA
Post #: 5
congrats!!!! how wonderful is a new little life- how exicted you must be- I'm excited for you-
user 10336956
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 6
I had decided to try for chicks after my lovely black chicken Fiver (in profile picture) was killed a few months ago leaving Bigwig alone. Now I have five little black chicks crawling all over mama Big. I find this coincidence very sweet!
user 11683551
Glendale, CA
Post #: 1
When did #5 make his/her way out? The pecking sound from the inner eggshell, gave me chills (in a good way!) last night.