addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › my chicken coop

my chicken coop

Ron F.
user 11466035
Whittier, CA
Post #: 7
OK, so my chicken coop got here Wednesday, around 730 pm, so I couldn't take any pictures, due to lack of light, so I ended up taking pictures today. I am satisfied with the coop Bill made. It does need some fine tuning, but overall, he did a good job. I tried to take plenty of pictures so you can see the details of the coop. There are three nesting boxes on each side(total of six), two removable walks, interior perch, two side doors to retrieve the eggs from the nesting boxes and a front door with a latch. As I looked over the coop, one of the first things I noticed, was, the retrieval doors don't have any stops or latches- the hinges only move in one direction(out), but from the inside, nothing is stopping the chickens from pushing it open, although, the doors aren't big enough for the chickens to climb through, nothing alittle twist latch could solve. For the front door, I think I want to put something alittle more secure, something I could actually lock, with a little master lock, so when I'm not home, I have the peace of mind knowing, my chickens are secure. The removable walks, the "hooks" are drywall screw that protrude from the bottom of the walk- I'm not feeling the exposed tips of those screws- so I'll have to grind down the tips a little or find something I could use to cover the sharp tips. I also want to hook up, a little ventilation fan, and maybe a little heat lamp......just to make my little ones a little happier- hope you enjoy the pictures-