This once a year celebration, every year on November 1st since 1944, is a great event for the whole family - tell all your vegan friends and bring non-vegan friends too!
Plan to join us this November 1st at the Tarzana Community & Cultural Center from 6-9pm -
Vegan Food Vendors
- Cool Cups Vegan Jello
- Earth Cafe Raw Vegan Desserts
- Franken Stand Vegan Hotdog & Sausage
- Rahel's Vegan Ethiopian Food
- Southern Fried Vegan BBQ
- The Vegan Joint
- Wayfare Vegan Cheese, Pudding, Etc.
- & more to be announced soon
- Salsa Dancing
- Swing Dancing
- Special Live Guest Singer
- Garden Enjoyment
- Great Conversations
- Guessing Jar
- Old Friends & New Friends
- Oral Presentation
- Silent Auction
- Giant Twister
- Thank You Goodie Bags While Supplies Last
- Voting for LA's Best Vegan Restaurant
- $10 adult donation to attend
- children $5
Goodie Bags Include:
- Good Medicine Magazine
- Dr. Bronner's Soap
- Eat-in-the-Raw Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Mary's Gone Crackers Cookies
- No Udder Desserts
- Raw Rev
- St. Clare's Tarts
- Zevia Soda
Silent Auction Includes:
- Gymboree Gift Card
- Natural History Museum Passes
- Roller Skating Passes
- Educational Consulting, Counseling, or Tutoring Session
- Parenting Issues Private Consultation
- A Night Off for Parents
- Home-Cooked Kabbalat Shabbat Dinner & Big Screen Viewing of “A Sacred Duty”
- Spa Treatment for Your Canine Companion
- Veterinary House Call
- Three Hypnotherapy Sessions
- Cactus Jerky
- Crackers and Cheese Basket
- Dinner at Veggie Grill
- Gummy Sharks Case
- Halo Bars Cases
- Late Night Snack Sack
- Pirate Brands Snacks
- Sea Snax
- Sunbutter Gift Basket
- Digital Camera
- Educational DVD's
- Limited Edition T-Shirt
- Mothers Jones Magazine Subscription
- Music CD's
- Skateboarder Video Game
- Veg News Gift Pack
- Wooden Butterfly Art
- Excursion of Hiking
- Excursion to the Petersen’s Automotive Museum
- Excursion to Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Excursion with Roller Skating & Pizza
- Week of Summer or Winter Camp
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO AT WWW.VEGANDAY.INFO.
World Vegan Day History
In 1944, in the UK, Donald Watson took the first and last letters of the word "vegetarian," and created the word "vegan" to indicate being vegetarian from beginning to end - (not only not eating any animals, but also not eating any products that come from animals, not using any products that come from animals, and simply not using animals for our human purposes - true Ahimsa, "dynamic harmlessness").
Certainly there were those who had such beliefs and lived by such committed values long before 1944, but, up until that time, there was not a single word with such meaning.
Watson entered the word into the lexicon and also registered the first Vegan Society, in Britain, on November 1, 1944.
Thus, World Vegan Day, a special annual holiday celebrating vegan living, is celebrated on November 1st each year.
It is celebrated with festivals around the country and all around the world.
Please come join us at LA's celebration of World Vegan Day!
Also, please do invite others you know who might be interested.