For those interested in determining the action items and resources to get a physical kid friendly hackerspace up and running. Be prepared to take on action items with due dates.
Each meeting we'll choose a different part of LA that we are considering for our first space.
1) Quick meet & greet (30 secs per person)
2) Discuss physical space requirements & rate each - e.g. use, walkable street, outdoor area, parking, nearby subway, etc.
3) Discuss areas of LA that meet requirements
4) Assign action items
5) Agree on next meetup date/time/place
We will meet at Urth Caffe for our fist meetup because:
- DTLA is central
- In the arts district
- Affordable - some spaces are donated
- Near Little Tokyo and the mall where some kids hang
- Near to places like sci-arc
- Near a subway line
- Near bridge to Boyle Heights
- Street parking