Los Angeles WordPress Message Board › Wordpress Developer Position in Los Angeles/Santa Monica Area
WordPress/BuddyPress Developer for Non-Profit Association Management Firm.
BSC Management is searching for an experienced, energetic, proactive Web Developer to help its web team build and evolve a best-in-class web presence for our clients. This full-time position requires strong PHP coding skills that will contribute to building highly functional tools for web publishing under the WordPress platform. While the ability to produce well structured, documented and secure code is central to this position, it will also incorporates key elements of user interface/experience design as you will be migrating existing sites to WordPress and replicating/creating new functionality. Over time, some sites will also require a BuddyPress integration and custom development in that arena.
Candidates must be adept at working with other members of a diverse team as well as possess a firm grasp of WordPress development. In addition, the candidate needs to manage time effectively with minimal supervision, to accurately scope project needs as well as to ensure that projects are delivered on time. Beyond these core responsibilities, the web developer will identify and recommend improvements to process and procedures to ensure high standards and maximum effectiveness of BSC's WordPress deployment. This includes keeping abreast of new trends and tools and briefing the team as appropriate.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume with links to sites you have worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
produce well structured, documented and secure code
• Experience creating WordPress plugins and custom functionality, custom taxonomies, etc. requried. Theme development experience is preferred
• Experience with BuddyPress integration
• Experience with the Genesis Theme Framework preferred
• Create WordPress tools that allow departments to publish and maintain their content more easily
• Collaborate with other members of the operations team to expand and customize
WordPress on an as-needed basis
• Collaborate with other members of the web team to evolve and refine the user
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to website development including program
coding, browser compatibility, debugging and testing
• Train other members of the department as well as assist team members as needed
• Serve as a technical liaison with contractors
• Participate with other staff and client leadership to aid in the design and implementation of new web driven initiatives that improve efficiency of communications and operations
• Provide technical support for an expanding company effort for web publishing
Required Technical Skills• Strong experience coding in PHP
• Solid grasp of the WordPress API for custom development
• Experience with MySQL database administration
• Fluency in XHTML/CSS
• Experience using jQuery & AJAX to build interactive pages
• Understanding of web usability best practices and user interface design principles
• Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation
• Adaptable, proactive, and willingness to take ownership.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team consisting of technical and non-technical
members as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external, technical and nontechnical)
• Strong creative problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written language skills
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with WordPress on a midto-large size web site. Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume with links to sites you have worked on to: email@example.com – Submissions without the necessary documentation will not be considered.
Edited by Val Catalasan on Jan 15, 2014 9:33 AM