addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Los Angeles WordPress Message Board › New Meetup: Holiday WordPress Meetup

New Meetup: Holiday WordPress Meetup

Natalie M.
NatalieMac
Los Angeles, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for The Southern California WordPress Meetup Group!

What: Holiday WordPress Meetup

When: December 15, 2009 7:00 PM

Where:
Alejo's Presto Italian Restaurant
8343 Lincoln Blvd
Westchester, CA 90045
310-670-6677

Join us for a relaxing evening of WordPress chitchat and delicious food. Bring your business cards, ideas, and questions to talk over with the group. We've got people at all levels with WordPress, so you're sure to find someone to help you get unstuck or to point you in the right direction to realize your idea, or just someone who understands the blogging life to talk to!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 3
hey - I know its the same story for all meetup.com groups, but the Drupal metup.com group is meeting at the same day/same time, just 30 mins offset.

So somebody WOW us with why Wordpress ROCKS and Drupal... is like smelly old socks?

JV
Natalie M.
NatalieMac
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 11
Well, now I wouldn't say it's a matter of one rocks and one is like smelly old socks. smile Just a matter of the right tool for the job, that's all. I've got nothing at all against either one. I lead the WordPress group, but also belong to the Drupal group, and attended both WordCamp and DrupalCamp this fall.

While there are many projects for which either WordPress or Drupal would work, there are also many where one or the other is the better choice, depending on the requirements of the project.