Join us for the first ever Louisville Larrikins trail!
• This is a BYOB event: Buy your own beer at the bar, it will be super cheap because we're getting a deal.
• Hash cash is $1, virgins are free (and easy, too)
• BRING VIRGINS
• Bring a light emitting device: headlamp, flashlight, flaming torch
• Dogs are welcome on trail but possibly not in every establishment we visit.
• Pack gathers at 6:30, hares away at 7-ish
The Larrikins hashing tradition started in Perth and has been spread 'round the world to bring peace through beer and shenanigans for all the boys and girls. Louisville Larrikins joins the likes of Carolina, California and Texas Larrikins.
What is a Larrikins trail like, you might ask? Simple:
• Always short straw: anyone except virgins might end up haring, but we try to provide maps for the geographically challenged.
• Always live: hares get a 5 to 10 minute head start, then the pack is coming for you.
• Always weeknight: we leave the weekend hashing and daylight hours to other hashes.
• Always $1 hash cash and BYOB: because we can't do math.
Larrikins -- A different flavor of hashing in Louisville:
Larrikin is an Australian English term which, in the 19th and early 20th centuries, meant "a lout, a hoodlum" or "a young urban rough, a hooligan", meanings which were obsolescent in the later 20th century, when connotations were mostly of "a mischievous young person, an uncultivated, rowdy but good hearted person", or "a person who acts with apparent disregard for social or political conventions".