During this workshop, you will learn more than the basics. * Choosing the right breed for you
* Preparing for their arrival
* The best food, what to buy or how to make your own
* You got chickens, now what?
* Broody girls and how to handle them
* Medical emergencies and how to handle them
* Herbal remedies
Permaculture is the use of skilled design to produce ecologies, economies, and communities which are grounded in an ethical consideration of their environments. This is a group to help those of us interested in Permaculture in Louisville and nearby to meet and exchange skills, knowledge, and news about the sites we are working on, planning, or just dreaming about. Anyone who is interested about sustainable farming, natural building, appropriate technology, and so on is welcome to join.