Louisville Permaculture Guild Message Board › Open Source Ecology Presentation at Berea

Open Source Ecology Presentation at Berea

ray
user 4058586
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
Post #: 74

If any of our members think they might want to go to this/ drive, carpool, etc. Please state so in this
discussion. It's FREE!

Open Source Ecology

The Global Village Construction Set:
50 Machines for Community Sustainability

Marcin Jakubowski
Founder
Open Source Ecology
www.opensourceecology.org

March 25, 2013
7 pm
Phelps-Stokes Auditorium
Berea College

Free and open to the public

The Global Village Construction Set

The Global Village Construction Set is a modular, DIY, low-cost, high-performance platform that allows for the easy fabrication of the 50 different industrial machines that it takes to build a small, sustainable civilization with modern comforts. This is quite literally a game-changer for the empowerment of communities to localize their economies and increase their resilience.

Sponsored by the Berea College Community Sustainability Laboratory (CS-Lab)

Lisa S.
user 5982396
Suches, GA
Post #: 6
I plan to go, and I know of at least two other people from Louisville who are going. :-) I've followed this project for a number of years (long before Marcin was invited to speak at TED) and am excited that organizers of Sustainable Berea have invited Marcin to speak at Berea College. Anyone else interested?
LAURA
user 184303709
Louisville, KY
Post #: 2
how far is it from louisville to this place...thanks
Ann A.
user 107782982
Louisville, KY
Post #: 1
Please note that the date for this meeting was in 2013. I believe this is an old posting.