addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Louisville Permaculture Guild Message Board › Girl Scout Gardening Project- Silver Award

Girl Scout Gardening Project- Silver Award

Christanna
user 7417336
Louisville, KY
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,
I was contacted recently by a local Girl Scout troop in search of donations for a project they are completing as part of their Silver Award. The girls are planning on constructing several garden box beds to be filled with flowers at the local Cabbage Patch House.

They are looking for donations for everything from wood planks, soil, and flowers. They are requesting annuals that are sun-loving and preferably drought-resistant. But they are happy to receive any flowering plant.

I just wanted to mention this to the group because I know this is the time of year when you realize you might have started more plants than you have room for. If this is in fact your predicament, consider donating them to a cause! The girls thought of this idea themselves. It’s a great opportunity to inspire some future gardeners!

You can contact me (christanna.schuman@gmail.com) or the troop (gstroop233@hotmail.com) with any donations, questions or concerns.
Best and Happy Gardening!
-Christanna