My return from injury trip to good ole Stone Fort outside of Chattanooga and/or Rocktown in GA. I'll leave Friday after work and come back Monday mid-day. We'll discuss specifics once time gets closer and decide camping/carpooling as people sign up. We could stay at the crash pad (nice hostel, costs $27 per night) or camp at a couple of places others have stayed. I'll climb sat, sun, mon, and come back Mon evening. The bouldering is unbelievable and on a golf course at LRC and is slightly more remote for Rocktown. Cost for day pass is $5 or $0.
I also may do a one day excursion to t-wall for you peeps wanting to get on some quality trad routes.
Hope you can join. If you can go, let us know whether you can drive and how many you can fit with pads and such. I can drive and fit two more people probably. We will decide final location depending on what majority wants. Please put your preference in RSVP.
Some guidelines to remember on outside bouldering trips:
- Please have your own shoes, chalk, and crash pad (unless we have plenty).
- Please be an attentive spotter and know how to spot for bouldering.
- Before climbing make sure landing is appropriately protected and spotters are ready.
- Always practice leave no trace, minimize chalk use, avoid damage to vegetation, minimize noise, etc.
- You must have climbed with the group inside before attending an outdoors meetup.
BEFORE YOU JOIN THIS EVENT you are to read and agree to the following terms and conditions.
By being a part of this network you publicly acknowledge that you understand and completely agree to the following:
1. This is an online social network that meets periodically in person. This Meetup group is not a substitute for competent, professional climbing instruction from an American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) certified instructor.
2. What goes up must come down. Falling is a part of climbing. Falling is considered by those participating in the sport of rock climbing to be an accepted risk. Sometimes a fall could leave you injured or dead. Again, the consequences of a fall, no matter how severe, are an accepted risk to the climber and belayer. If you get hurt during an event posted on this website, it is completely your responsibility. You are not to blame anyone else! BY JOINING THIS EVENT YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SAFETY, HEALTH, AND WELL-BEING WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. The Organizer, Assistant Organizers, Members, and Sponsors of the Louisville Rock Climbing Meetup Group do not guarantee the competence of any individual.