Louisville Software Engineering Meetup Message Board › PHP 5.4 Server

PHP 5.4 Server

A former member
Post #: 2
I'm going to go ahead and setup a dedicated (micro) server with PHP5.4, MySQL and MongoDB installed, and give members access to play. Limitations are that it won't run any mail server (incoming or outgoing), and it won't be "secure" or backed up in anyway ... think of it as a place to play with some concepts.

You'll get SSH and FTP access, and a domain like username.loupug.net

Let me know nick [at] intellispire.com if you'd like access - I need your requested username (becomes your domain alias) and I'll assign a password.

I plan on setting up a github account for projects as well.

Costs for me are $15 per month ... i'll cover the first few months, then we'll see.

Server will be available by our next meeting.
A former member
Post #: 19
What extensions do you plan on enabling? Will we have access to the PECL libraries as well?
A former member
Post #: 3
What extensions do you plan on enabling? Will we have access to the PECL libraries as well?

Sure. I can give trusted users sudo access, so you can build to your heart's content. Snapshots daily, so if we eff something up we can go back a day or two. Realize other people on the server may be doing the same ... so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

The whole idea is to experiment, if we don't break something, we're probably not pushing hard enough :->

A former member
Post #: 4
Just upgraded my Forge dev server to php 5.4 ... running on Ubuntu Lucid. Looking good so far.
A former member
Post #: 5
The server is up, please see:
http://loupug.net/wor...­

Let me know if you would like an account, and if you'd be willing to help the wordpress installation on the server (install bbPress, update the content, etc)