The Louisville Open Source Programming Meetup Group Message Board › Ruby Midwest Conference Speakers & BBQ!
|A former member||
I wanted to let everyone know that the Ruby Midwest conference speaker lineup has been announced. I've listed the speakers and talks below, but check out the Speakers page (http://rubymidwest.com/speakers.html) on the website for details.
I'm also excited to announce that Intridea (http://intridea.com...) is sponsoring OMGWTFBBQ (http://bbq.rubymidwest.com), a dinner at the conference hotel with Kansas City barbecue open to all attendees after the first day of the conference.
Register to attend before May 15 for this 2 day, single-track, 20 speaker conference for only $75. (http://rubymidwest.stagehq.com/events/219/booking/new)
* Yehuda Katz - Keynote
* Chris Wanstrath - Keynote
* Joshua French - A New Set of Wheels: Leveraging Ruby for System Administration
* Luigi Montanez - Civic Hacking
* John Williams - Cooking 101 - Getting Started with Chef
* Kyle J. Ginavan, Ryan Felton - Integration Testing Strategies: Locally and on the Grid
* Adam McCrea - jQuery and Rails, Sitting in a Tree
* Charles Nutter - JRuby
* Aman Gupta & Joe Damato - Memprof: the ruby level memory profiler
* Brandon Dimcheff - Metawhat? A look into the mysterious metaclass
* Steven Bristol - Mobile Safari Apps
* John Hwang - Object Oriented, Unobtrusive CSS
* Alex Sharp - Practical Ruby Projects with MongoDB
* Travis Swicegood - Pragmatic Guide to Git
* Rob Kaufman & Patrick Crowley - Real World Rails: Migrating Legacy Data
* Nick Quaranto - Redis: Persistence Power
* Jeremy Evans - Ruby Techniques By Example
* Mark Daggett - Surviving the last 20%: Indispensable real-world tips and techniques for Facebook development that pick up where Facebook gems and plugins leave off.
* Wesley Beary - User Experience for Library Designers
* Cory Flanigan - Zero to Hero