I want this site where possible to show case a range of events to cater for all. Everyone is free to suggest events, in fact I encourage it. I try my best to try and find free or low cost events but some special events (i.e. international artists) will always be more costly.
If like me, you love checking out a show at the theatre, meeting new people, heading to a music festival or live gigs in great venues, meeting people socially at other event types you have come to the right place!
I pay for majority of web-site costs myself but may for some events ask that if anyone wants to contribute a voluntary $1 to participate would be appreciated. Please note it will always be noted in the event description and money should only ever be given to the HOST. At the event the host will not approach for money, if you would like to and can afford to voluntarily pay, then you can approach them.
My expectations of members to ensure a good time is had by all:
• Please respect that Meetup members should RSVP to come to events. +1 should be reserved for partners or friends (who are not Meetup people). If there are extenuating circumstances then please contact me by privately messaging. This is a semi- closed meetup group for security reasons and location of events to be seen by members only
• Please remember if you RSVP to attend an event that you keep an eye on comments AND ensure your email notifications are turned on.
• If you can not attend please change your RSVP to NO to make it easier for the Host who is coordinating. Failure to not change may be recorded as no show and could disadvantage you at future events
• Please note Hosts are not responsible for purchasing tickets etc, if they offer then please do the right thing by them.
• If the host asks questions of attendees please respond and give feedback to assist the host in organising a successful event.
• Please keep comments relevant to the event attending and refrain from adding excessively please.
• If you don't want your photo displayed please make this known to people taking the photos. Photos of people will only remain on the site for approximately 2 weeks.