Tuesday night Jazz at the CAP series is pleased to present Danny Janklow, straight from his gig with the Buddy Rich All-Star Big Band at Blue Note Tokyo!
“Simply brilliant, soulful and inspiring!” – Les McCann
“Danny Janklow's playing: Melodic, Swinging, Soulful, Mature, Informed, Inspirational...Definitely one of my new favorites." - Eric Reed
DANNY JANKLOW & Friends
Danny Janklow | sax http://www.dannyjanklow.com/
Chris Dawson | piano
Roger Shew | bass
Sinclair Lott | drums
Danny Janklow is quickly gaining international recognition for his soulful and innovative voice on the alto sax.
Janklow has performed and/or recorded with jazz masters such as — Benny Golson, Jimmy Heath, Wynton Marsalis, Vanguard Jazz Orchestra, Bill Holman Big Band, Buddy Rich Big Band, James Moody, Jason Moran, Eric Reed, and Branford Marsalis.
• "Triple Instrument Outstanding Soloist Award” by Wynton Marsalis at Lincoln Center’s Essentially Ellington Competition.
• 1st place 2010 North American Saxophone Alliance competition held in Athens, Georgia.
• 1st place 2012 Detroit Jazz Festival’s International Saxophone Competition, ranking him as the top young jazz saxophonist in North America.
• 2013 awarded international residency to the Betty Carter Jazz Ahead at the Kennedy Center.
Ticket Price —
• At the door: $10 cash or credit card
• Online: $10 + $1.54 fee at http://bit.ly/12q7A8M
No minimum. All ages. "Refreshments" available. Street parking is free after 8pm.
Jazz at the CAP presents the finest jazz in LA in an intimate, yet spacious 100-seat performance space every Tuesday night at 9pm.