1. What is Machine Translation (MT)?
• a. Word-based translation (historical beginning)
• b. Phrase-based translation (current state implementation in the business)
• c. Hierarchical-phrase-based machine translation (research state-of-the-art)
2. MT in business settings == post-editing (of phrase-based MT) or raw translation provision
• a. MOSES (quick MOSES DIY – I might skip this part and provide the necessary links, where more can be read)
• b. A different use case – Unbabel.
• c. Learn from human-translators’ feedback
3. Evaluation (continuous v.s isolated)
• a. We are the first ones to speak about continuous MT evaluation to the science community
4. Challenged and Unsolved Issued
• a. Translation of low-resource language pairs
• b. Out-of-domain text
• c. Morphological issues
• d. Terminology inconsistency
• e. Formatting issues
• f. Word order
The presentation will be given by Ekaterina Stambolieva.
For first time comers here is the access plan:
The event is free of charge.