addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Data Science Luxembourg Message Board › LuxR news

LuxR news

Dzidas M.
Dzidorius
Group Organizer
Luxembourg, LU
Post #: 3
Hi everyone,

here is a good news - LuxR have received a sponsorship from Revolution Analytics, which means that meetup.com expenses are covered for one year and T-shirts are on the way. So we have a good reason for the next meetup in Luxembourg.

Another good news, that The Centre de Recherche Public - Gabriel Lippmann is using R for research. Servais Hoffmann might tell more about the usage of R in research area in Luxembourg.

And the last thing - kaggle.com is hosting two ongoing competitions: GE Flight Quest and GE Hospital Quest. If there are volunteers we could build a team for one of them. Let me know if you are interested in wasting your time while building a model.

Cheers,
Dzidas
Lorenzo
user 24254552
Brussels, BE
Post #: 1
Hello Dzidas,
This is good news! I think it is time to take the bull by its horns and suggest a meetup date.
Oscar's could be again the venue.
As to Kaggle, OK, count me in. To be honest, I was rather thinking about the Titanic competition, but...that does not seem to appeal to anyone!
Cheers

Lorenzo