"We should shoot the parade in the village this year" Joe McAllister
You got it Joe! I'll be there around 9:00-9:30 as I am teaching until 8:30 that night.
Village Halloween Parade costumes, which are limitless in their variety, "bizarre but brilliant"(Fodor's), well-crafted, and highly entertaining. New York is a world center of the visual and performing arts; fashion and costume design; pop-culture; publicity and marketing; communications, education, literature and publishing; and film, theatre and television. Its population is a rich source of pageant devotees who possess the many talents necessary to create the costumes, puppets, performances, and other artistic presentations. Greenwich Village in particular is home to its own brand of bohemian, pagan, counterculture, exotic and erotic costumes, designed by attention-seekers who have gone to great lengths to outdo each other, and pleasure-seekers determined to have fun.
- The nation's largest public Halloween celebration
- Named as The Greatest Event on Earth by Festivals International for October 31
- Attended by over 2 million people, seen by over 1 million on TV
- The nation's only major night Parade
- Listed as one of the 100 Things to do Before You Die