addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Michael Downey Photography Message Board › Photography Thru The Met

Photography Thru The Met

Michael D.
Group Organizer
Somerville, NJ
Well hello fellow togs,

So, Sunday is the big "Photography Thru The Met" excursion. (I'm so excited.) I just want to get the logistics to you so there aren't any surprises.

First and foremost, put my phone number in your phone now. It's 908.938.7584. Yup, stop reading this and put it in your phone now. Please call me if your plans change or if your running late. If I don't answer be sure to leave a message as I intend to start the class on time and I will not be answering while I'm teaching.

We will be meeting in The Great Hall at 10:00am. It's just inside the main entrance on 5th Ave and 82nd St. That's where I'll be giving you your ticket and handouts. Then we will head over to The American Wing Cafe for a brief but informative class. Afterwards I will be going to specific exhibits photographing them to tell their stories. You are welcome to stay with me or go about on your own and photograph at your leisure. Keep in mind there are areas where no photography is allowed.

Please note: No flash or tripod or monopods are allowed. I further recommend that you leave your camera bag at home. Coats can be checked and bags must be checked. And while I'm sure the museum coat-check is safe I wouldn't encourage leaving expense equipment there.

Do bring your camera and your fastest lens or lenses covering 10 to 100mm. Have a spare battery and cards. Of course the lighter you travel the more comfortable you'll feel. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.

This excursion is as much about discovering art as it is about creating it. Let's go there with the intention of reticular activation.

I look forward to seeing you all,

Michael